News and Events
NAMI Southern Arizona will hold its 13th annual NAMIWalks at Kennedy Park (Fiesta Area), 3359 S. LaCholla Blvd, Tucson on April 6th. This event is family and pet-friendly, so bring the whole bunch. Parking is accessible from LaCholla Blvd, north of Ajo Way. Walk routes take participants through well manicured desert paths that are 1K, 3K and 5K in length. Register to walk on site the morning of the event or online at NAMIWalks Southern Arizona. Check-in time: 7:30AM. Entertainment 8:00AM. Walk Begins: 9:00AM. Help stomp out stigma and pave the way for those in need of care. See you there!
HOPE in the Community
As a Specialty Provider of Behavioral Health Services, HOPE continues to operate as a Peer and Family-Run organization with a focus on Recovery, Wellness and Reintegration. Our services are provided through three licensed Outpatient Clinics, offering individual and group therapy to adult populations, in addition to a Supervised Day Program that provides support services to those who may benefit from a more structured environment of care.
In our commitment to the health and wellness of our communities, HOPE expands their reach through Community Programs designed to bridge gaps in care through collaboration with local providers.
- Our PACT (Peer After Care Team) provides support to individuals post-crisis to assist with maintaining stability; building community supports, navigation services and connection to Health Home centers. 2018 Data tracked by Cenpatico (Az Complete Care) shows that over a six-month period of time, PACT services aided in reducing crisis/inpatient/emergency costs by just under $62,000.
- The Outreach Team under the State Opioid Response grant targets high-risk underserved populations, engaging individuals in Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) services and offering overall peer support. Under the grant, HOPE was awarded funds in October, 2018 to expand services to the Yuma location, where an Outreach Team is in place, collaborating with community partners and producing positive results.
- HOPE's Diversion Services now offers Intensive Outpatient (IOP) Services at the Grant Road location. Groups are faciliated by peers who have a personal understanding of substance use and the criminal justice system. Services include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Trauma-Informed Care.
Attention AHCCCS Members
Important changes are coming to AHCCCS that may have an impact on you and your family. IT is possible that Members may:
- Be required to choose a new plan because your plan is no longer available.
- Have new health plans to choose from when they renew.
Update your address so you don’t miss important mail! Look for and read any mail from AHCCCS. If you need help: Call or visit the AHCCCS website to make a convenient free appointment with a trained, unbiased Assister who can help Arizonans get covered.